|How KinesioTaping works,
1. Taping over and around muscles in order to assist and give support or to prevent over-contraction.
2. Applying stretch to the tape or to the target area in order to create space under the skin and create the desired effect on the musculature.
3. Affecting change in deeper layers of fascia by manipulating the skin and muscle.
4. Creating space underneath the skin to improve circulation and lymphatic drainage.
5. Utilizing a number of corrective techniques to promote correct muscle and joint function
6. Pain relief by targeting the pain and the source of the pain
7. Utilizing single "I" strips or modifications in the shape of an "X," "Y" or other specialized shapes
Our therapists are certified for the application of KinesioTape as an adjunct to treatment of injuries.